Search This Blog

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Year 12

It has been two weeks since I officially became a yr12 student, which is still not quite sinking in. I remember when I was in yr7 thinking that the yr12s were the coolest people ever and I just couldn't wait to be one of them. And now it's actually here and it's a little surreal and totally not how I imagined it.

The classes that I have to take are nothing like the ones that I would be taking in Australia, but at least for some of them, I'm glad I have to take them. Because I would never have thought of taking them and they are quite interesting.

First is Maths class, Trigonometry/Advanced Topics. Which means for the first half of the year we do trig and for the second half, we do a whole bunch of stuff like statistics and I can't remember what else. I'm pretty good at trig, so I think it will be okay.

Next is Spanish 2. Despite the fact that I'm not really good at learning languages, I'm actually enjoying learning Spanish. It's kind of easy. I'm not sure how level 2 will go. But it seems fun so far. Besides all the random Spanish songs that we have to sing every class.

After that is AP English. (AP stands for Advanced Placement which means Uni-level class.) I really like English, so this is a good class for me. Not only that, but we are focusing a lot on different types of people and pyschology-related things. So I'm really excited for the rest of the year.

Then we have Physics. If I had it my way, I would be taking no science at all. I would rather take Maths than Science. Because in Maths, it's just maths, no deceptions. In Science it takes maths and applies it everywhere in sneaky ways. But so far, I get everything, so it's okayish. Only good thing is that we get to go to a theme park for an excursion.

After that is AP Comparative Government and Economics. The title says it all: blah, blah, blah. But it's required that yr12s take a gov/econ class. And there was no way I was taking one that just focused on America. So far, it's pretty interesting. But we haven't really started anything in depth. So I'm worried.

Last is World History. Which I would love to be taking, if it wasn't normally a yr9 class. Because here in America, you can have absolutely any grade level in any class. So if you miss that one class that you were meant to take, you have to make it up. Not only does the class feel super awkward, but normally being a yr9 class, first year in high school, it's designed to lead them through every single step of the way. Such an annoying thing to experience as a yr12. But it'll be good to learn some other history besides American and Australia.


Next post: Review of Doctor Who episodes.

No comments:

Post a Comment