Search This Blog

Monday, August 8, 2011

Driving

I got my permit a bit later than everyone else did, over here in America. I'm pretty sure you can get it at about 15 and 1/2 and I got my closer to 16 and 1/2. Which means that a lot of my friends already have their full license. Although, you are meant to wait a year before driving anyone around. Most people don't. And in any case, some of my friends have their year as well.

Anyway, the point is; even though I started late for over here, I will still have my full license and possibly my year before anyone else in Australia. Which makes me very happy. But also, that probably means that if I end up going back there to stay, I will be the go-to driver of all of my friends. Maybe. I'm not exactly sure when people are able to start getting their full licenses.

Another cool thing about driving over is that you only have to do 50 hours to get your license. While over there you have to do 120 just to go from your L's to your P's. I understand why Australia does it, but I still think it's pretty awesome that I don't have to do that much.

I like driving. I mean, it's not a very entertaining acitivity. But it's cool that when I've got my license and everything, I'll have that choice in transportation. Also, I've found that freeway driving, although a tad scary because of the rip-roaring pace that I'm allowed to go, is really easy and quite exhilarating. Kind of like Mario Kart, but real life. Haha. I love that game.

Next thing to learn about driving: how to drive a manual.

2 comments:

  1. Have fun with the manual thing...I'm still learning myself! Mostly I just don't get it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, thanks. I am kinda scared about learning. But it is a good thing to know how to do.

    ReplyDelete