Search This Blog

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Obsessions

 I recently read a blog post on the subject of withdrawal and it really interested me. So I thought I would voice my opinions on the topic.
She said people often ask her how may times she has read Harry Potter (because that is her most prominent obsession) and that caused her to think about what everyone must think she does all the time. The internet does not do justice to living, breathing, eating, talking human beings. Although it has multiple forms of sharing with practically everyone in the world, it does not work the same as getting to know someone as a friend. There are certain things that you just don't post to all 6 billion people. So what you do tend to put out there can seem somewhat narrow-minded. She said that, contrary to popular belief, she does not just talk about Harry Potter, even though that has been the topic of many of her videos and blog posts.
My point is that, as you may know, from spending any time with me at all, or as you may have guessed from my earlier blog post, I am obsessed with Doctor Who. But that doesn't mean that is the extent of what I like, or what my favourite TV shows are. I just don't feel like a list of all my likes and dislikes ever would be the most interesting thing to read.
As a side note, here are some of my favourite things. Just so you can get a little bit of a better idea of who I am. Food: chocolate. Meal: spaghetti bolognase. Colour: Pink. Movie (at the momet): all the X-Men movies. Song (at the moment): Skyscraper - Demi Lovato. Second favourite TV show: Friends. Flower: Lily. Animal: Jellyfish.
But what I'm trying to say is that, people are more than the work they do, the words they say and the things they are obsessed with.

No comments:

Post a Comment